This Friday (and Friday, July 27 and Friday August 31), my pals behind the Downtown Winnipeg Farmers’ Market are hosting their first ever Downtown Winnipeg Night Market from 4pm-11pm at Manitoba Hydro Plaza and on Kennedy Street between Portage Avenue and Graham Avenue!
The Downtown Winnipeg Night Market is a great way to end off the month and kick off your weekend in the heart of downtown. Plus, you’ll get to see a lot of cool things, support a lot of great local businesses, experience the new Pop-Up Park on Kennedy and so much more!
Here’s how I’m planning to maximize my experience this Friday:
Did you know that the Winnipeg Bike Valet will be on site during the whole event offering their bicycle valet service (it’s like a coat check for bicycles!)? It’s a great way to easily travel downtown, to and from the other destinations you’re hitting on Friday, and I love the friendly folks behind the Bike Valet!
Find the Winnipeg Bike Valet on Edmonton Street at Graham Avenue on the South East corner, thanks to my friends at the Royal Winnipeg Ballet.
Additionally, you can always walk, take Winnipeg Transit or drive. Street parking is free after 5:30pm and there will be lots of availability to park in downtown parking lots and parkades.
The Downtown Winnipeg Night Market is fun for the whole family and includes:
- Farmers’ Market vendors on Manitoba Hydro Plaza 4pm-11pm
- Enjoy two beer gardens: The patio at Rudy’s Eat & Drink and the Rudy’s pop-up beer garden on Kennedy Street 4pm-11pm
- Instagram Alley on Kennedy Street featuring Creating A Scene, Studio 393 and Graffiti Gallery for you to capture your experience 4pm-11pm
- Big Fun Games on Kennedy Street from 6:30pm-11pm
- Balloon Artist and Facepainter on Graham Avenue from 6pm-9pm
- Live painting of The Horn on Kennedy Street from 7pm-8pm
- Experience the new Pop-Up Park on Kennedy Street 4pm-11pm
- Buskers including Ila Barker, Lana Winterhalt and Phil Natividad providing music throughout, plus Kurrent Motion entertaining throughout the evening
- Downtown Winnipeg businesses including Teeyah’s, Shoppers Drug Mart, Bison Books, Fluid Float, and Clay Oven are also all on site
MAKING A NIGHT OF IT
Make the Downtown Winnipeg Night Market just one of your many stops on Friday!
Did you know that Alleyways Market is taking place from 4pm-10pm in the Exchange District? Stopping by both of these markets is a great way to support local and find yourself the perfect produce and gifts for you and your loved ones!
Street patio! The weather looks great so I’m looking forward to hitting up the Rudy’s Pop-Up Patio on Kennedy, while I’m at the Market.
Goldeyes! Our baseball team takes on St. Paul Saints at 7pm at Shaw Park.
Patio hopping! It’s Friday night and I know I’m looking forward to the long weekend! You’ll find me at some of my favourite downtown patios and places for dinner, snacks and drinks!
Dancing! With a handful of venues downtown showcasing great music of all types, I’m going to be wearing my dancing shoes all night long!
Here’s a handy map with some of my recommendations – enjoy Friday!
For more information on the Downtown Winnipeg Night Market, visit downtownwinnipegbiz.com/night-market/.