As the clock strikes 3:30 today, could you hear the cheering of voices from the children all around Winnipeg?
Spring Break is up next week, and there is no shortage of fun and amusement available throughout downtown Winnipeg.
Here’s our list of must-do events during Spring Break:
FESTIVAL OF FOOLS
Festival of Fools is free family event held at The Forks during spring break week. This 7-day free family festival features jugglers, clowns, acrobats, swinging trapeze and circus workshops and tons of hilarious shows! In addition to funding support from The Forks and the Winnipeg Arts Council, the WICF solicits donations at the event to both present the best in family entertainment and to keep the festival affordable for everyone! Did we mention it’s FREE?! And with The Common now at The Forks, it’s easy to make a day of it. Food options for even the most picky eater and of course, flights of craft beer for the adults.
Canadian Museum for Human Rights
Saturday, March 25 to Sunday, April 2, 2017
Bring your family and join us in special activities taking place throughout spring break! Spring break programming starts Saturday, March 25 and ends Sunday, April 2, 2017. All activities and special events are included in the cost of admission.
Special offer: Kids 12 and under get in free from March 25 – April 2, 2017.
More information available on CMHR website.
March 25 – April 2 • Open daily 10 am – 5 pm
Meet you at the museum for a week of fun activities in the newly renovated and expanded Alloway Hall and the debut of a brand new Planetarium show.
- Perfect Little Planet – A brand new Planetarium show opening just in time for Spring Break!
- Portraits of the North: Drawings by Gerald Kuehl – Get inspiration from Portraits of the North exhibit and experiment with different drawing techniques at our portrait station.
- Crafts and hands-on activities – Create and decorate a miniature birch bark paper basket and decorate it with your own designs or create a Red River friendship bracelet.
- Wildlife Haven Rehabilitation Centre – Get up close to the live animal displays (Mon, Wed & Fri 1:00 – 4:00 pm)
- Take the 10 Things Challenge – Try and do all 10 activities at the Museum before the end of Spring Break including boarding the Nonsuch, exploring the Dino Dig and building a race car.
- Meet BMO the Bear (Tue & Thurs at 1:30 & 3:30)
After visiting downtown shops and restaurants, how about taking in a movie? Beauty and the Beast and other exciting movie experiences are waiting for you and your family at The Towne. Check showtimes here.
Reading with Raptors
Wednesday, March 29, 2017, 2:00PM – 2:45PM
Owls and falcons will be swooping in to the library with staff from the Prairie Wildlife Rehabilitation Centre. Staff will bring an owl or falcon and together we will read stories and learn interesting facts about these wondrous birds. For children ages 6 years and older. Younger siblings may attend if accompanied by an adult.
No matter what you do this spring break have fun exploring and experiencing our downtown and all it has to offer your family!