What’s the expression we all toss around in the late days of December? New Year, New You? I ended 2015 full of promise that I would dedicate 2016 to healthy eating, regular exercise, and of course giving back a little to our great city.
But January was cold, and so was most of February. And my motivation waned. You know what they say about old habits, they die hard. John McClane hard.
Now it’s nearly March, so it’s time I get back on track. My first step: getting involved with the awesome event I heard about called Power of Movement. It’s Canada’s largest annual yoga fundraiser in support of The Arthritis Research Foundation, and it’s happening Sunday, March 6 at the Fort Garry Hotel.
The day starts at 9am and features three 30-minute yoga sessions with three local yoga legends: Alessandra Conicella (Raw Yoga), Regan Tataryn (Yoga North), and Samantha Squire (Yoga Public). The good vibes will continue to flow throughout the day with local vendors on site and accessible to the public, and the first 100 event registrants will go home with a bag of goodies filled with gifts, coupons and snacks (my inner eight-year-old loves any party with a goodie bag)!
You can register for Power of Movement on their website for $20 and there are some pretty sweet prizes for the fundraisers:
- For every $100 raised in the month of February, your name will be entered into a draw to win one $500 travel voucher with VIA Rail!
- All participants who fundraise $100+ will receive a cinch bag on event day
- All participants who fundraise $250-$499 will receive a $20 HBC Gift card
- All participants who fundraise $500-$999 will receive a $40 HBC Gift card
- All participants who fundraise $1000+ will receive a $75 HBC Gift card
And because March 6 is a little ways away, and I wanted to start my #MotivationMonday off strong, here’s a few exercises you can do whether you’re living with or without Arthritis.
Happy reading, happy exercising, and see you soon on the yoga mat!