Now, there’s nothing wrong with either option – hey, I’ve indulged in both. This is for those that might be looking for, y’know, a bit of a change this year. Something a little spicier to do!
February 14th, the RBC Convention Centre is hosting their annual Mardi Gras! If you’re up for something different, here’s 5 reasons you it might be just your flavour:
- The music – Zydeco tunes to get you dancing all night long! (if, like me, you just discovered Zydeco, I’ll save you the trouble of googling. Here’s the wiki!)
- Louisiana foodie treats – some of which I guarantee you’ve never tried. Jambalaya, gumbo, crocodile fritters, Bourbon flamed garlic pepper shrimp, and an oyster bar!
- Entertainment – it’s about more than just music, they’ve got showgirls, showBOYS and a Mardi Gras Parade to entertain you!
- Feel the burn – the drink of the night is cinnamon whisky shooters! I’m not at all confident I’ll be trying more than one, but I’m going to give it a shot!
- It runs till 2am – so even if you’ve already got plans, there’s always time to stop by for a dance and some beads before or after!
And….I’ve got tickets to give away! Let me know in the comments the food you want to try most, and you’re entered!
More info on their website here!