GO JETS GO! GO JETS GO! GO JETS GO!
Sorry, couldn’t keep that in – after 15 years of waiting, we can finally cheer the Jets again! It’s a long, long, long awaited game day for this city.Even the New York Times (!) is covering their return. Downtown is already starting to get fans in and it’s still the morning – and why wouldn’t it be, there’s tons to do starting with a party kicking off at noon at the Forks! So here’s a list of just some of the places to celebrate the return of the Jets today and watch the first game!
- Sunday, Oct 9: Winnipeg Jets Home Opener Celebration at The Forks. Noon to 8pm. Live CBC Hockey Night in Canada broadcast at 3pm. Performances by Doc Walker, Keith & Renee and Quinzy. FREE!
- Oct 9, 4pm: Live outdoor broadcast at Portage & Main. 201 Portage Avenue Courtyard (former Canwest Place). FREE!
- Oct 9: After Burner Social with Blue Rodeo. Winnipeg Convention Centre, 375 York Ave.
- Oct 9, 9pm: Official NHL FACE-OFF After Party. Whisky Dix, 436 Main St.
- Oct 9, Noon – 10pm: Watch the game on the 60” plasma TV and enjoy Go Jets Go Dinner Specials for $25. Dessert Sinsations, 505 St. Mary Ave.
- Oct 9: Burger and beer for $15. Shannon’s Irish Pub, 175 Carlton St.
- Oct 9: Free parking and Express Hockey Shuttle to & from every game. Chance to win hockey tickets. Catch the action live on the big screen in the HD Hockey Lounge! Game day 40 cent Wings & Ribees. Pony Corral Downtown, 444 St. Mary Ave. 942-4414.
- Oct 9: Show your ticket stub on game day and buy a guitar-no GST or PST. Value Plus, 266 Portage Ave.
- Hit the Ice with Tavern United MTS Centre for all 82 Games! Over $80,000 of Winnipeg Jets Prizes including game tickets! Watch the game at all Tavern United Locations.
- Oct 9: Head to the Fairmont Winnipeg for Luxury style game grub, from Manitoba Pulled Pork Nachos to Crispy “Jets” Chicken Wings with Tikka Masala Glaze and a vast selection of Canadian Brews including Fin Du Monde. Join us in at the Fairmont, in the lounge or the Velvet Glove on Game Day!