Everyone loves a list… right? Well everyone loves a bucket list and I think it’s high time someone created one for downtown Winnipeg.
Over the next few months, I’m going to be creating a list of 101 things you must do in downtown Winnipeg. But I can’t do it all alone! I’m going to be asking you to help me out.
Along the way, you are going to be eligible to win the opportunity to do the things on my list!
Here are some guidelines when creating an item for the list:
1. Make it specific, instead of just saying “eat at X restaurant”, make it more like “eat the chicken noodle soup at X restaurant.”
2. Make sure it’s downtown (only submissions in downtown will be considered). The downtown boundaries go east to west from the UofW to The Forks and north to south from Higgins to the river.
3. Make sure it’s fun and something you would recommend to your friends and family!
To get us started, I’ve come up with a few of my own:
2. Visit the Nonsuch Ketch at The Manitoba Museum. This is probably the coolest thing ever.
3. Go for a stroll on the Assiniboine Riverwalk on a warm summer evening. There are few things in life that make you feel more alive than that.
4. Experience the full haman spa treatment (hamam fully loaded) at Ten Spa inside the Hotel Fort Garry. You’ll feel like royalty once you’re done.
5. Take a drawing class at the Winnipeg Art Gallery. Learn a new skill and have fun doing it!
So here’s how to enter your submission:
1. Leave a comment here with your pick and a way to contact you.
2. Send me an email at email@example.com.
3. Post it on my Facebook page.
4. If you’re succinct, tell me on Twitter, using the hashtag #WpgBucket
Once the list starts growing, we’ll start sharing what prizes we’ll have up for grabs, and of course, start awarding them!
Good luck and I can’t wait to hear your suggestions!